- Blackbox larps use theatrical ways of expression; therefore it is essential to integrate light, sound, scenography and possibly props into the design. You don’t need to know exactly how the technical solutions works, as long as you have a clear vision of the impact you want on the participants.
- Anyone can play blackbox larps, all that is required ofthe participants is showing up in black clothing. Design as if all your participants are new to roleplaying, your design will be new and interesting to everyone.
- Blackbox larps empower the participants; for most larps it is done through a workshop that gives the participants the necessary tools to participate in that particular larp – the workshop should be specifically designed for the larp.
- The heart of blackbox is people interacting. The easiest way to know if a design works is to try it out in practice. You can do this with your friends or come to one of our workshops, even vague ideas become super sharp through trial and error.
- Blackbox design is an ongoing conversation; we’re ready with help at any stage of the process. We have a lot of knowledge and experience you can benefit from or just use us as a sounding board. We will push you to take your design to a higher level, but always on your terms.
- Experiment! Take chances, push the limits between larp and theater, try new things. Blackbox larps are experimental, playful and always challenging the limits for the blackbox larp media. Your idea deserves to be part of the cutting edge.
The 6 guidelines for designing blackbox larps for Blackbox Cph